Several months ago, a friend approached me about working on a quilt that had been made by her grandmother. It was a hexie quilt, hand pieced in the shape of diamonds, probably out of feedsack fabric. It was really beautiful. Someone had added borders on both long sides, but in the process of adding them had stretched the sides so that it rippled. She asked if I would take a look at it and see if it could be repaired and completed.
So I removed the borders, and then realized that a lot of the stitching of the hexies along the sides needed to be repaired. And the top needed pressing. That wasn't too bad. I got a cute daisy print from Joann Fabrics for the backing, and handed it off to Darby.