After many starts and stops, this quilt top is finally completed! I'm super happy with it, and never would have thought I would be making such a bright yellow quilt. I'm waffling between two names: Mischief Managed--thanks for that suggestion, Paula (since the center blocks are from a pattern called Mischief), and Sunny Disposition, an idea from my friend, Bruce.
I'm caught up on my Moda Blockheads blocks.
Block 11, Moda Block-berry designed by Jackie MacDonald for Sweetfire Road.
This is often true. But I'm trying to get better about actually finishing.
Last week the setting suggestion for the Riley Blake Challenge quilt was released. It was a combination of plain blocks and Irish chain blocks. I liked the setting, although I didn't give much thought to how large the quilt would be--70" x 90". It's been a long time since I have finished a quilt that large.
The Irish chain blocks were surprisingly satisfying to complete. I worked in batches while listening to a good Audible book. For two reasons, I used a very pale pink combined with Kona snow. 1) I'm trying to sew only from my stash and I had a lot of pale pink (for reasons unknown to me) and 2) I didn't want the chain blocks overpowering the very pretty pieced blocks. I just wanted them to kind of whisper in the background.
Until next week...