It involved choosing a partner and between the two of you, choosing a palette of colors to work with and then swapping x and + blocks--we used the tutorial by Badskirt Amy. I barely had finished reading the guidelines when I quickly sent an email to Carla (Grace and Favour) and she agreed to partner up with me. Together we chose this palette:
At some point she showed a peek at the fabric she was going to use for the backing. It was a simple texty print with all the months of the year--perfect. I ordered the same thing! ("8 days a week" by Ampersand Design Studio for Windham Fabrics, in case you are curious).
Last weekend I worked on the machine quilting, something I am not proficient at, and at this point, straight line quilting is the only thing in my arsenal. I was so anxious to get it completed by today's deadline so there was no way I was going to attempt to try something else.
By mid week I was ready to finish the binding, a step of the process that I really enjoy.
Here is the back, which I just love.
I'm linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts and TGIFF.