With 4" blocks, this is a fairly small quilt, 24" x 28". I ended up cutting 1" strips of the Liberty prints, and inserting a little square of Oakshott, then randomly cutting squares of Oakshott and inserting the little strip. Improv, but still controlled. With a couple of blocks, I made the cut at an angle. And didn't like it at all. But that's just me...living within a nice square box.
Then I handquilted the whole thing with a combination of 12 wt Aurifil and number 8 perle cotton. And took some pictures at Huntington Lake.
I hadn't stitched the binding down at this point, and you can barely see the lake in the background