A while back I read about the Peppered Cottons challenge by Studio E Fabrics. The challenge began in September 2013, with the deadline of March 31st. I had a "lightbulb moment" about two weeks ago.
My plan involved making 288 (!) 3-inch cross stitch blocks. I have worked like a madwoman for the last week. I ordered more background fabric. I ordered the backing. I have no plan on how to quilt.
Finally, last night, I realized that with all things considered, I'm going to have to pass on the challenge. I am not a sweatshop. I would rather enjoy the journey. It will be finished when it is finished. And then I will send a picture to Studio E Fabrics and hope that they like it.
As of today, this is my progress, 202 blocks in various states of completion.
And it gives me time to complete my Radiant Orchid challenge, with a deadline of March 21st. Much more realistic....