I have several projects going on, all in different stages. But the priority is Levi's quilt.
1. This will be done using a walking foot. Because that is what the designer used. It will be all staright line quilting, 1/2 inch apart, following the colors. I'm anticipating a lot of twisting and turning, but I don't have a clue how to freemotion. So am I nuts to use the walking foot?
2. It will be quilted with khaki thread to avoid making countless thread changes. Would you use the same color in the bobbin? (The back of the quilt is the bright turquoise blue.)
3. What do you usually set your stitch length at?
4. What is your favorite way to start and stop in the middle of a block?
5. Basting: at first I was going to use safety pins but now I'm thinking of spray basting. Can you successfully spray baste a twin-size quilt top?
7. Am I overthinking the whole process and making it seem harder than it really is?