With this quilt, I'm all caught up with completed quilts.
Here we are again with a third iteration of Friendly Faces. When I made the Bound quilt, I trimmed off large triangles from the roof of each house. They were large enough that I knew I had to find a use for them. I still had some of a favorite background fabric (by Victoria Findlay Wolfe, sadly no longer available--but I used it in three quilts so I figure I got very good use from it).
After using it with the triangles, I used the remaining scraps to surround more Friendly Faces. When I finally ran out of the background print, I made the rest of the squares using solid white in the center, surrounded by colorful solids.
It was definitely a "use it up" kind of project, which made me super happy. It needed a fun border and I found these colorful dots in my stash (I'm having the best time using what I already have rather than purchasing anything new).